Thursday, December 23, 2010

Hair Nets: Not Just For Lunch Ladies

  As my hair gets longer, I have different struggles with it and need to come up with different solutions.  One of the biggest problems I've encountered is sleeping with long hair.  If I wear my hair down to sleep, it gets all tangled and makes my neck and back break out.  If I wear it up in a ponytail to sleep, I get a kink in it from the elastic.  Even if I do a bun.  Then I end up needing to iron out the kink with a curling or flat iron.








 I remember back to wearing braids, back in my Bo Derek days, I had to wear a stretchy silk scarf to bed to keep my braids intact.  I went down to my Sally Beauty Supply to find something similar.  I wanted something that was loose enough to keep my big-barreled waves all night, not so tight that they flattened out.  The store clerk recommended this:



  I tucked all my hair up inside this surprisingly sturdy net to get my lunch lady on.  My husband even said it didn't look "that bad."  It was so comfortable, I forgot I was wearing it before I even fell asleep.  It kept my hair off my back, neck, and face all night, even through my incessant tossing and turning.  I took the net off this morning, brushed my bangs forward, and voila! My perfect big curls from my rollers were still perfect.

Now, why the hell didn't someone tell me how badly I need to touch up my highlights in the back?  Guess I should look back there more often....
  But yes, I am hooked.  This is a perfect way to keep your blow-out for days.  $2.50 at your local Sally Beauty Supply for a sturdy, handmade net of goodness.  

No comments:

Post a Comment